What name/s would you have used,if you were a Roman Emperor?

The main forum of the Societas Via Romana. Anything not covered by one of the Collegia is probably being discussed here!

Moderator: Aldus Marius

What name/s would you have used,if you were a Roman Emperor?

Postby Anonymous on Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:15 am

If you had the opportunity to have been a Roman Emperor, what creatively witty Roman type of name/s would you take on, or have taken ?

The names of any and all real life Roman Emperors can’t be used, but any sort of witty variation on any of them certainly would be ok.
Anonymous

Made-up Emperor names

Postby Aldus Marius on Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:44 pm

Salve,

Are you looking for somewhat authentic names, such as "Lucius Tarquinius Priscus"? Or are you more into the "Crismus Bonus/Nautius Maximus"-type thing?

For myself, I'd "take on" the name that I'd been born with...like most of the real Emperors did. It was titles that tended to accumulate.

In fide,
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Gnaeus Dionysius Draco on Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:41 pm

I would probably use the name I'm using here, or something relating to how I wish to be perceived or with whom I am associated. Not sure what that would be, I guess it would be something benign, but not soft.
Gn. Dionysius Draco Invictus
Gnaeus Dionysius Draco
Curialis
Curialis

Emperor Names

Postby Aldus Marius on Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:10 am

Avete iterum, amici!

I think I'd like Peregrinus the best...it's me, and no other Emperor has worn it.

(I didn't say I wouldn't play along! I only wondered what was required.) >({|;-)

In amicitia,
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Return to General