New look to SVR

This is the Comitia (members' council) of the Societas Via Romana. While guests may read this forum, only registered members of the SVR may post or vote here.

Moderators: Aldus Marius, Valerius Claudius Iohanes

New look to SVR

Postby Quintus Marius Primus on Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:53 pm

Love the new look to the website - congrats!
Q. Marius Primus
Londinium, Britannia
Quintus Marius Primus
Eques
Eques

Postby Anonymous on Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:31 pm

Indeed, looks great.

Garrule, you might try adding a 'display: block;' to the linkmain class on the index page. In Firefox (and I'm guessing Mozilla also), the orange/yellow background only stretches behind the link text. I think a 'display: block;' would ensure that it stretches out to fill the table cell.

I must also remind you that, although the navigation is flash and ergo "cross-browser", something is preventing it from being visible in Firefox. I can't tell what the problem is, because javascript is used to write it. (What exactly do the 'writeHeader()' and 'writeNav()' methods do? I disabled javascript and the site looked the same.)

Other than that, it looks bonissima.

(I know, I know. I just like saying bonior and bonissimus.)

Vale,
Titus Marius Crispus
Anonymous

Postby Gnaeus Dionysius Draco on Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:36 pm

Titus Marius Crispus wrote:Other than that, it looks bonissima.

(I know, I know. I just like saying bonior and bonissimus.)

:lol:

Draco
Gn. Dionysius Draco Invictus
Gnaeus Dionysius Draco
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Anonymous on Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:36 am

Crispus wrote:Garrule, you might try adding a 'display: block;' to the linkmain class on the index page. In Firefox (and I'm guessing Mozilla also), the orange/yellow background only stretches behind the link text. I think a 'display: block;' would ensure that it stretches out to fill the table cell.

I just tried that out with the nifty little Firefox extension called 'EditCSS'. Putting a 'display:block;' in the linkmain class fixed the problem and didn't change the layout at all. I dunno if it'll bother IE or not, but it's worth a shot.

Vale,
Titus Marius Crispus
Anonymous

Postby Lucius Tyrrhenus Garrulus on Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:43 am

Titus Marius Crispus wrote:Garrule, you might try adding a 'display: block;' to the linkmain class on the index page.
Salve Mari.
Oops, thanks for reminding me.
...although the navigation is flash and ergo "cross-browser", something is preventing it from being visible in Firefox.
I'm guessing a) your browser might require a few more parameters in the Flash embed code, or, b) there's something different about that browser's language settings.
I'll look into it.
Vale bene!
NOX EST PERPETVA VNA DORMIENDA
Lucius Tyrrhenus Garrulus
Eques
Eques

Postby Anonymous on Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:10 pm

Lucius Tyrrhenus wrote:I'm guessing a) your browser might require a few more parameters in the Flash embed code, or, b) there's something different about that browser's language settings.
I'll look into it.

Gratias tibi ago.

I know absolutely nothing about Flash. :(

Vale,
Titus Marius Crispus
Anonymous

Postby Marcus Pomponius Lupus on Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:34 pm

Looking very nice indeed, my congratulations, I especially love the first page, with the logo centered.

Carry on with the good work !

Lupus
Marcus Pomponius Lupus
Iurisconsultus
Marcus Pomponius Lupus
Eques
Eques

Return to Comitia