Congratulations, goodbyes and intentions

This is the Comitia (members' council) of the Societas Via Romana. While guests may read this forum, only registered members of the SVR may post or vote here.

Moderators: Aldus Marius, Valerius Claudius Iohanes

Congratulations, goodbyes and intentions

Postby Gnaeus Dionysius Draco on Sat Jan 31, 2004 12:48 am

Salvete Romani!

It have been pretty rough elections in terms of organisations, but I am very glad we got everything sorted out, eventually. This will be a long postings of thanks, so those of you who are not into excessive gratulations may want to skip this ;).

First, my thanks to rogatores Mencius and Longinus for counting the votes and my congratulations and respect for the rogatores-elect, Lupus and Tergestus. Especially Tergestus, who is now leaving the Senate, has earned my trust and respect. He has been a very active member of our Senate and our Societas and I always value his opinions. Then, I should thank our interrex Locatus, who has organised and indeed directed these elections admirably well-structured, while at the same time organising a symposium. A round of applause of Locatus.

I extend a farewell to both Tarquinius and Atticus, who are also leaving the Senate. I hope to see them both back again in more active circumstances.

Before I briefly expound on my vision for this year, I would also like to welcome four new senatores: Lucius Tyrrhenus Garrulus, Tiberius Coruncanius, Romulus Aurelius Orcus and Gnaeus Cornelius Lentulus. I look forward very much to cooperating with you!

By means of thanking those who voted for me, I'd like to say that it's an honour to be consul of the organisation I helped fathering, no matter how corny that sounds. My ideal vision of the Societas Via Romana is of a place with a rather informal but learned atmosphere where anything and everything can be discussed, not just things classical but perhaps also modern issues with a classical touch. There are so many angles to approach antiquity and I believe it would take more than a lifetime to go through them all. In order to work towards this vision, I'd like to stimulate the rectores to work in, with and for their collegia. We might also consider new plans to attract more members or to organise projects and make ourselves known to the wide world. I am open to any and all suggestions, from all sodales.

I salute you all!

Valete!
Draco
Gn. Dionysius Draco Invictus
Gnaeus Dionysius Draco
Curialis
Curialis

Return to Comitia