Prorector collegii Latini

Forum and collegium dedicated to the teaching, writing, speaking and interpretation of Latin, ancient Greek and other languages of related cultures.

Moderator: Aldus Marius

Prorector collegii Latini

Postby Horatius Piscinus on Tue Apr 15, 2003 3:43 am

Salvete collegae

As has been pointed out the collegium currently is without a rector and now a prorector needs to be appointed.

There was some confusion on whether the aediles or consules were to appoint a prorector for the collegium. The sole role of a prorector will be to hold elections for a rector, thus a temporary position and the prorector will be ineligible to run as rector. If anyone cares to be appointed prorector let me know, otherwise I shall appoint myself to hold the election.

There is still another issue I wish addressed by the Senate before we hold an election, and I still need to consult with my colleague, so there will yet be some delay.

While we begin the process to hold elections all collegae may wish to discuss exactly what they would like to see in a rector. In the past we have tried to find rectores who had credentials to act as a Latin instructor. Apparently we do not now have anyone with both the time and knowledge to act as a Latin instructor, therefore what else might we look towards in our next rector for the Collegium Latinum?

Valete optime
Moravius Piscinus
Consul iterum SVR
M Horatius Piscinus

Sapere aude!
Horatius Piscinus
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Horatius Piscinus on Thu May 01, 2003 2:30 pm

EX DOMO M MORAVIUS PISCINUS CONSUL ITERUM SODALIBUS SPD:

Since no one has come forward to volunteer for the position, as Consul I hereby appoint myself as Prorector of the Collegium Latium, for the sole purpose of holding elections for a new rector.

KALENDIS MAIUS MMDCCLVI
M Horatius Piscinus

Sapere aude!
Horatius Piscinus
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Horatius Piscinus on Sun Jun 15, 2003 12:18 pm

Salvete collegae

As prorector of Collegium Latinum my sole function has been to hold elections for a new rector. Thus I am pleased to annouce we have as our new rector Gnaeus Dionysius Draco Invictus.

Gratulor et optimam fortunam

Valete optime
M Moravius Piscinus
Prorector Collegii Latini
M Horatius Piscinus

Sapere aude!
Horatius Piscinus
Curialis
Curialis

Return to Collegium Linguarum