Second Sunday Meet-and-Eats [TX/AZ, US]

Announcements about reenactments, conferences, history faires and other Roman organizations and events. Tell us what's happening in *your* Province this week!

Moderator: Aldus Marius

Second Sunday Meet-and-Eats [TX/AZ, US]

Postby Aldus Marius on Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:50 am

Salvete, Romani viatores!

The Roman Way and the Nova Roman province of America Austroccidentalis are in the habit of holding "Meet-and-Eat" gatherings on the second Sunday of each month. Both events are within the province; Aurelia, co-founder of TRW and our hostess for the Feriae Latinae last year, also happens to be governor of the Provincia. >({|:-)

The one in Texas alternates between an Italian restaurant in Austin and another in San Antonio, and is mostly a TRW gathering hosted by Aurelia and her husband, M Sempronius Sophus. (I can vouch for the Austin restaurant, and for the friendliness of the participants!) Novaromani, SVRomani in the area, and anyone else interested in meeting the central Texas Roman community in an informal setting are all welcome to join in. Times are from 1200 to 1400 (noon to 2pm) Central time (US). E-mail Aurelia Coritana (our hostess for the Feriae Latinae last year; aka Arnamentia Moravia Aurelia in NR) for the month's location (address below).

The one in Arizona has a fixed location, Fronimo's Greek Restaurant in Tucson. (There are also plans to hold one in the Phoenix area eventually.) It is a Nova Roman event, open to citizens and amici of the Oppidum Fluminis Gilae that has formed along the Phoenix/Tucson axis. It is somewhat more formal in character, beginning with a short ritual and involving some discussion of oppidum affairs, but the emphasis is on lunch and fellowship. I already have it on very good authority that if I happen to be in town I am more than welcome, and I imagine any Sodalis in the area would be as well; the coordinator of the event, aedilis M Valerius Potitus, is also an SVRomanus. <g again!>

Meet-and-Eats:
The Roman Way/NR Provincia America Austroccidentalis:

Second Sunday of every month
Noon to 2pm US Central time
Austin or San Antonio, TX
Contact
Aurelia Coritana: aurelia_coritana -at- yahoo -dot- com

NR Oppidum Fluminis Gilae:

Second Sunday of each month
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm US Mountain time
Fronimo's Greek Restaurant
3242 E Speedway
Tucson, AZ 85716
Contact
M Valerius Potitus: valerius -dot- potitus -at- gmail -dot- com

Happy munching to anyone who's going, and let us all know how it went!

In amicitia et fide,
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Return to Roman Gatherings