Venii redux

Salvete, new amici; tell us a bit about yourselves! But this is no ordinary Intro forum; you will learn quite a bit about the rest of us too. >({|:-)

Moderators: Aldus Marius, Valerius Claudius Iohanes

Venii redux

Postby Venator_Poeta on Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:09 pm

Avete;

Lucius Horatius Venator Piperbarbus (alias Stephanus Ullerius Venator Piperbarbatus) lost his information for here and reregistered under the user name Venator_Poeta.

For those with whom I've not exchange words in awhile, hello again!

I'll look through my old posts and see if I need to catch y'all up on anything important.

One thing, though, I'm now a Senator of Nova Roma.

"see" you in a bit.

Venii
Today is a good day: to be, to live, to learn, to do

Venator of the many other names ;-)
Venator_Poeta
Socius
Socius

Re: Venii redux

Postby Venator_Poeta on Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:24 pm

(Chalk it up to few posts and a fast reading rate ;-) )

Avete;

Looks like my last post was in April, recounting "The Tale of the Faltering Heart." alias "Venii ex Machina." >({|;-)

I had my "6-month" read a couple of weeks ago. The results looked good; the pacemaker is activating less of the time than at the 6-week mark (<6% as opposed to >8%). I am cleared for a normal life with the only restrictions being keeping distance from sources of strong electro-magnetic interference and avoiding trauma to my upper body.

I was incognito for some time, the combination of the heart trouble, illness, health problems with wife and family, plus the death of my uncle Michael, who was the older brother I needed while growing up... turned me recluse for quite awhile.

Things are looking up; have a new job with the same employer that I like, getting caught up on my bills, Kin and Kith are feeling better, I'm starting to write again, too.

So, Venii will be around a little more.

Valete - Venator

Venator_Poeta
Socius
Socius

Postby Valerius Claudius Iohanes on Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:19 am

Ave, Senator Lucii Horatii Venator Piperbarbe, iam etiam, Venator Poeta -

Mehercule, a heavy load that must have been. I was reading your last post as
Sol Californianus is painting the rooves, fences and skeleton trees golden. It's a warm and hopeful sign, this sweet amber glow.

So what I mean to say is that I hope your fortunes continue to wax lighter and brighter, just as the New Year will!

Vale.
Valerius Claudius Iohannes
Curator anno MMDCCLXII
Centurio Honorarius Societatis
Civis ab MMDCCLIV

:: Adversitas bono viro intelligentiam docet. ::
Valerius Claudius Iohanes
Curator
Curator

Location: Sancti Leandri Oppidum, California Franciscencis, Conpactae Civitates Americae

Postby Marcus Lupinius Paulus on Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:21 am

Salve Venator!

Ditch Nova Roma---it will be good for your heart! :D

I'm glad things are looking up for you, and hope 2009 continues the upward trend!

Marcus Lupinius Paulus, {or the former NR-Gaius Cassius Nerva}
Marcus Lupinius Paulus
Curialis
Curialis

Redux redux, wasRe: Venii redux

Postby Venator_Poeta on Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:52 pm

Ave Paulus;

It's been a few weeks, which is usal this time of year for me.

Marcus Lupinius Paulus wrote:Salve Venator!

Ditch Nova Roma---it will be good for your heart! :D

:lol: I understand your concern; having been there from near the beginning and seeing all the "special" moments as they occur.

I think, however, that a big reason I was sublected (or is it adlected :?: ) to the Senate is my storied non-partisanship.
There is no faction that can, honestly, claim me. So, not getting caught up in the "who hit Jan" sorts of discussions keeps my Nova Roma stress level to a minimum. :wink:

I'm glad things are looking up for you, and hope 2009 continues the upward trend!

Marcus Lupinius Paulus, {or the former NR-Gaius Cassius Nerva}

Thank you, and save for problems with our cars that developed in the last few days of 2008, the New Year is starting out better.

Venator_Poeta
Socius
Socius

Postby Venator_Poeta on Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:55 pm

Salve Iohanes;

Valerius Claudius Iohanes wrote:Ave, Senator Lucii Horatii Venator Piperbarbe, iam etiam, Venator Poeta -

Mehercule, a heavy load that must have been. I was reading your last post as
Sol Californianus is painting the rooves, fences and skeleton trees golden. It's a warm and hopeful sign, this sweet amber glow.

So what I mean to say is that I hope your fortunes continue to wax lighter and brighter, just as the New Year will!

Vale.

Thank you for your concern and hopes for the betterment of my future; such lightens my load. :party:

I hope the New Year is a better one for you, too.

Venator_Poeta
Socius
Socius

Postby Aldus Marius on Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:56 am

((( !!!!VENII!!!! )))

>({|:-D >({|:-D >({|:-D >({|:-D <-- half a tentful of happy Legionaries

You were registered as 'Venii' on the old Board. If you'd like your old handle (and your post-count) back, you can log in as Venii, click 'Lost Password', then reply to the link in the e-mail to reactivate that account. Once on, you can change anything and everything in your Profile, including your password...and your handle if you like 'Venator_Poeta' better. >({|:-)

That goes for anybody who's forgotten their password or wants to change their handle, their registered e-mail address or anything of that kind. If you remember at least one element of your original login, you can generally get back on under the same account after just a little bit of fuss.

Good to see you here amongst us once again, under any name or combination of them!

In amicitia et fide...
...Lucius Marius Fimbria
...Lucius Marius Aurelianus
...Lucius Marius Peregrinus
...and, finally,
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Return to Introductions