LVDVS NEMESIS Gig in Hamburg, Germany, April 26, 2008

Announcements about reenactments, conferences, history faires and other Roman organizations and events. Tell us what's happening in *your* Province this week!

Moderator: Aldus Marius

LVDVS NEMESIS Gig in Hamburg, Germany, April 26, 2008

Postby Cleopatra Aelia on Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:39 pm

Avete Amici,

I'm happy to announce the first public gig of the gladiator troupe LVDVS NEMESIS at the Helms-Museum in Hamburg-Harburg, Germany on April 26, 2008 for the Long Night of the Museums. The program in German you will find here:

http://www.langenachtdermuseen-hamburg. ... museum.htm

It would be great if one or the other could make it. Of course I will keep you updated on all future events.

Valete
Cleopatra Aelia
alias Medusa Gladiatrix
Cleopatra Aelia
Curialis
Curialis

Postby cepasaccus on Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:00 pm

Congratulations Cleopatra! Sadly it is a long long way to Hamburg for me.

curate ut valeatis
kitty mea felis dodeviginti annos nata requiescat in pace. me per pleramque meam vitam comitabat. laeta gaudiumque meum erat. desiderio eius angor.
cepasaccus
I. Auxiliary
I. Auxiliary

Postby Cleopatra Aelia on Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:46 pm

As requested here are some action pics from our first gig at the Helms-Museum in Hamburg-Harburg on April 26, 2008. It was our first public appearance.

Provocatrix Medusa vs. Retiarius Kerberus, summa rudis Lupus

Murmillo Lupus vs. Provocatrix Medusa, summa rudis Kerberus not in picture

We were accompanied musically by two members of the group Musica Romana which added a lot to our performance though during the fight I just heard that there was some music but did not know exactly what. I was so freaking nervous that most of that evening appears in a blur.
Cleopatra Aelia
alias Medusa Gladiatrix
Cleopatra Aelia
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Marcus Lupinius Paulus on Thu May 01, 2008 2:08 pm

Cool! Cleopatra, how does one learn how to fight with a sword these days?

And did you make most of your own stuff? {I'm guessing your swords and helmets were purchased}.

Your gladiator troup is becoming more and more interesting all the time!

Paulus
Marcus Lupinius Paulus
Curialis
Curialis

Gladii Gladiatoresque

Postby Valerius Claudius Iohanes on Fri May 02, 2008 7:27 pm

Salvete, et Cleopatra Aelia et omnes -

This is an interesting question - how, where, with whom does one study Roman swordplay? Cleopatra Aelia, where did you start?

The topic takes me back to when my love of things ancient and my fantasy-world love of swords and combat prompted me to take fencing lessons for a while. Sheesh, utterly unaggressive and uncompetitive, utterly lacking in boldness, I was a total washout.

Yet the preoccupation persists. My youth gone and my present life one of a paterfamilias minor, and little time or money to spare, why am I still drawn to the idea of armoring up, drawing gladius, and hazarding life and limb?

Atque etiam, Cleopatra Aelia, if I might ask, why are you drawn to combat/competition? What forms your desire for it?

Valete.
Valerius Claudius Iohannes
Curator anno MMDCCLXII
Centurio Honorarius Societatis
Civis ab MMDCCLIV

:: Adversitas bono viro intelligentiam docet. ::
Valerius Claudius Iohanes
Curator
Curator

Location: Sancti Leandri Oppidum, California Franciscencis, Conpactae Civitates Americae

Postby Cleopatra Aelia on Mon May 12, 2008 6:31 pm

More pictures and also three videos of this gig can be found on our webpage here:

http://www.ludus-nemesis.eu/galerie2.html

Marcel Schwarzenberger of the German online history magazine Chronico did an interview with us which all German speaking members of the board could listen to here:

http://chronico.de/hoeren/audiothek/0000480/
Cleopatra Aelia
alias Medusa Gladiatrix
Cleopatra Aelia
Curialis
Curialis

Return to Roman Gatherings