Ludi Primi

Everything related to the ludi circenses and its teams or workings, including games or contests in the Societas Via Romana. Bring on the fun!

Moderator: Aldus Marius

Ludi Primi

Postby Gnaeus Dionysius Draco on Sat Mar 01, 2003 6:49 pm

Semi-finals 1

In the opening ludi of the Societas Via Romana, our spectators immediately see the most brutal charioteers and chariots in action, with gore unparallelled by the ancients! Hannibal's "Elephant" quickly advances, and the people in the circus go wild at the green chariot and its horribly deformed horses, strong in build and indeed looking more like elephants than horses. The gold, red and white supporters shout that Hannibal himself is as ugly as an elephant. However, in spite of his stampede Hannibal's big horses do not notice the spina he's trying to curve smoothly, and his "Elephant" slams against it, nearly cracking it up. In one fluid move, the red Maximus flings Publius Decius Robur, the aristocratic racer for the golden team, out of his chariot. Damnator takes the lead. Meanwhile Indutiomarus, the rather sluggish golden chariot, and Maximus, the fiery red, are engaged in a combat to the death. While flinging, flashing and lashing their whips at one another Maximus suddenly gets a grasp of Indutiomarus and disconnects him from his chariot. However, Indutiomarus pulls a last ditch effort and throws his whip around the wheel of his hated opponent, bringing his destructive race to a crashing halt. The golden supporters are very disgruntled while the reds, even though Maximus has also been stopped, are laughing and cheering. The whites claim sole supremacy in this round, when Damnator finishes the race as only contender left over.

1. Damnator (Albata)
2. Maximus (Russata) suffered an accident by Indutiomarus
3. Indutiomarus (Aurata) suffered an accident by Maximus
4. Publius Decius Robur (Aurata) suffered an accident by Maximus
5. Hannibal (Praesina) crashed against the spina
Gn. Dionysius Draco Invictus
Gnaeus Dionysius Draco
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Gnaeus Dionysius Draco on Sat Mar 01, 2003 6:51 pm

Semi-final 2

The second semi of the first ludi of the Societas Via Romana are a match of Olympic peace compared to the brutal onslaught in the first semi. It's clear that the racers here have mostly opted for non-violant, all-racing tactics. Romulus, the purple charioteer – aided by the gods, it is whispered – immediately takes the lead and gets into an extremely exiting duel with Callidus, the second red, for the lead. Bibax, the somewhat slow-paced white charioteer, in his "Vigor Serpentis", shows all but vigour and narrowly misses out crashing against the spina. Meanwhile Myrtilos, the blue charioteer, and Morgareth, in his "Infernerator" battle it out for the third and fourth spot. Romulus excites his supporters by going very, very narrowly round the spina each round while Callidus prepares himself for a headlong rush in the last lap, leaving the three others behind him. Morgareth and Myrtilos resist the temptation of striking each other in the face; they are so close in the straight lines that even the crowd is unsure. The "golden horde" is hoping for a chance of redemption while the blues are anxious to keep their only chariot running in the races. However, the final judgement is harsh: Romulus passes the finishing line first, followed by a seething Callidus, much to the delight of the purple and red supporters, latter of whom have seen some spectacle today! And eventually it's Morgareth of the golden faction who comes in third, leaving Myrtilos and his blue supporters disappointed. Bibax, having drunk to much, manages to cross the finishing line as last, or better said, at last. The whites don't care much; they already have a player in the finals.

1. Romulus (Purpurea)
2. Callidus (Russata)
3. Morgareth (Aurata)
4. Myrtilos (Veneta)
5. Bibax (Albata)
Gnaeus Dionysius Draco
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Gnaeus Dionysius Draco on Sat Mar 01, 2003 6:53 pm

Finals

Four chariots in the finals: Damnator in his "Fulmen Draconis" of factio albata, Romulus and his god-blessed "Celeres", Callidus of the reds in his "Celetior", eager to take revenge on Romulus and finally Morgareth of the factio aurata in his "Infernerator". As in the second semi, Romulus and Callidus immediately engage one another for the lead. The purple and red supporters go out of their minds. Damnator, described by many as the most evil and spiteful amongt the white racers, makes his reputation true by pushing Morgareth cruelly against the wall. Morgareth, badly wounded, makes a bloody trace along the right wall of the circus. Damnator grinningly shouts that it was time to redecorate anyway, leaving the "Infernerator" in splinters. However, Damnator is too slow to catch up with the leading duo, Callidus and Romulus. Callidus is driven by a thirst for victory. The factio russata in the circus is roaring battle cries. The factio purpurea, on the other hand, use cursing chants and incantations to call upon the divine blessing for their favoured racer. In a very tight race, however, even if its tremendously exciting, there can be only one. And it's… Romulus who wins! All hail the factio purpurea!

1. Romulus (Purpurea)
2. Callidus (Russata)
3. Damnator (Albata)
4. Morgareth (Aurata) was pushed against the walls by Damnator
Gnaeus Dionysius Draco
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Gnaeus Dionysius Draco on Mon Mar 03, 2003 5:03 pm

So, a question: what did everyone think of the Ludi? Will you be participating again? :D.

If you will, check out my tactical advice at the site and also see how far your factio has advanced.

Draco
Gnaeus Dionysius Draco
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Tiberius Dionysius Draco on Mon Mar 03, 2003 8:57 pm

Salve,

I loved it! I for one will be participating again when another race is announced. I mean, we can't have it that Piscinus is a the top right now, can we!? :wink:

By the way, can we still use our "old" drivers, even when they have "died"?

Vale bene,

Tiberius Dionysius Draco
Tiberius Dionysius Draco
Curator
Curator

Postby Horatius Piscinus on Mon Mar 03, 2003 10:32 pm

Bona Fortuna, to you I do willingly and deservedly give thanks for granting Romulus and the purpureae victory in our recent games. And to Consus as well I give thanks for providing Celeres a swift team of horse and tending to their care and safety. May Dis Pater and Proserpine and all the Di inferi welcome into their abode the charioteers fallen in defeat.
M Horatius Piscinus

Sapere aude!
Horatius Piscinus
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Gnaeus Dionysius Draco on Mon Mar 03, 2003 10:52 pm

Yes, of course you can still use the same drivers. I would even advise it. Note also that they don't die... Some suffer pretty serious accidents but that's it ;).

Draco
Gnaeus Dionysius Draco
Curialis
Curialis

Rematch

Postby Primus Aurelius Timavus on Tue Mar 04, 2003 5:40 am

I definitely want a rematch. Romulus' wins were less due to divine intervention than all-too-human cheating!! After the race, Callidus found that sand mixed with pitch had been poured on the axel of Celetior!
Primus Aurelius Timavus
Curator, Rogator, Praetor et Patricius
Civis Romanus Sum
Primus Aurelius Timavus
Curator
Curator

electricity

Postby Q. C. Locatus Barbatus on Tue Mar 04, 2003 11:59 am

Salvete,

I will be participating again; and I now know what was wrong with my tactics. After installing all the electronic systems, I know discover electricity hasn't been invented yet! So, a little change in my tactics (more balanced driving) and I will win!

Valete,

Loc
Quintus Claudius Locatus Barbatus
Rector
Princeps Gentis Claudiae
Consul
Senator
Patricius
Q. C. Locatus Barbatus
Senator
Senator

Postby Horatius Piscinus on Tue Mar 04, 2003 7:07 pm

Di Romulo Augusto ament

Such impiety, Callide, to think the gods would need resort to cheating to overcome your poor tactics. Ite malam, Russetae, in crucem!

M. Moravius Horatianus Piscinus
Bis Consul et Senator
M Horatius Piscinus

Sapere aude!
Horatius Piscinus
Curialis
Curialis

Pancration

Postby Primus Aurelius Timavus on Tue Mar 04, 2003 9:07 pm

Salvete,

Callidus and Romulus can settle this between themselves. Any plans for an online pankration, Tiberi Dionysi?
Primus Aurelius Timavus
Curator, Rogator, Praetor et Patricius
Civis Romanus Sum
Primus Aurelius Timavus
Curator
Curator

Return to Ludi Societatis