Back in town...

Salvete, new amici; tell us a bit about yourselves! But this is no ordinary Intro forum; you will learn quite a bit about the rest of us too. >({|:-)

Moderators: Aldus Marius, Valerius Claudius Iohanes

Back in town...

Postby Publius Dionysius Mus on Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:44 pm

Salvete amici!

It has been a while since I last visited this forum and I feel I have been away from these nice people here for too long. I would like to apologize for that, and I would like to say that I am now planning to stay active here.

What has happened? Well, in September 2005 I graduated from university with a Master degree in History. In the next year, 2005-2006, I studied on for two more degrees: one to become a teacher and one to work in a library. These consumed so much of my time that I was unable to be active here in the Societas. Now I have those two extra certificates, but up to this moment I am still unemployed and looking for a job as a teacher or as a librarian.

So I have taken the step from student life to a professional career, and I decided to dedicate as much of my spare time as possible to become active again in the Societas. And I am sure I won't regret this, because many of us became good friends in the previous years. I am glad to be back!
Publius Dionysius Mus

No Spartiate soul left alive to tell
How bravely they fought
By treason they fell
(Ancient Rites - Thermopylae)
Publius Dionysius Mus
Eques
Eques

Postby Primus Aurelius Timavus on Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:22 pm

Ah, my fellow praetor, welcome back! We are very glad to have you. Take a look at the suggestions that Scerio has made for a further reform of SVR, and make some of your own!

As to your career progression, congratulations on your new certificates. If you are unable to find a teaching job in Belgium, I know that most school districts in the U.S. welcome foreign teachers on an exchange basis (and do not forget the Fulbright as well), and you might end up liking it here. You can indulge your passion for heavy metal and live the "Decline of Western Civilization" lifestyle!

Tergestus
Primus Aurelius Timavus
Curator, Rogator, Praetor et Patricius
Civis Romanus Sum
Primus Aurelius Timavus
Curator
Curator

Postby Cleopatra Aelia on Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:23 pm

Good to hear you are back otherwise you would've gotten our Census letter :lol: No just kidding, as far as I understand it, we will send it only to member being in active for more than 18 months. Also you are personally known to some of us.

I hope you stay active and bring some new input to the Societas.

Good luck for your job hunt, though.
Cleopatra Aelia
alias Medusa Gladiatrix
Cleopatra Aelia
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Horatius Piscinus on Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:07 am

Io Saturnalia!

Salve Mus!

Welcome back. Student days over? In the real world now, and without a job? Does that mean you've had to give up on the beer halls? Di prohibebunt haec! And this during the holiday of delight, may your stein ever be full.

Io Saturnalia
M Horatius Piscinus

Sapere aude!
Horatius Piscinus
Curialis
Curialis

Return to Introductions