charity

This collegium and forum are dedicated to the study, discussion, re-creation and application of classical Roman and Greek religion and philosophy.

Moderator: Aldus Marius

charity

Postby Quintus Aurelius Orcus on Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:15 pm

Salvete
during an chatsession with one of the stafmembers of the white house, this person said that pagans don't get involved with charity because- well he implied that we didn't care much about- and that it was more of a christian thing.
Now there is a charity run by pagans circling around and it is based on the principle: teach a man to fish and he will have food. Basicly we want to provide the people with certain animals so that they can provide themselves. The website of this charity event is here: http://www.winterscapes.com/charity.htm
This is in no way spam and if you don't want to donate some money, you don't have to visit this webpage. But if you go Winterscapes website, you will find some excellent info on Dionysos and other hellenic related stuff.
valete optime
Romulus
Quintus Aurelius Orcus
Rector ColRel
Rogator
Princeps gentis Aureliae
Quintus Aurelius Orcus
Senator
Senator

Postby Horatius Piscinus on Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:35 pm

Salvete comreligiones

My thanks to nostrus amicus Romulus Orcus for posting this link. I am familiar with the organization Heifer International and I have been recommending for the past two years that donations be made to it as a modern substitute for the ancient prescriptions of blood sacrifices for some matters. I am particularly pleased to see that this site was set up to allow pagans of all traditions to be recognized in their contributions to this worthy effort. Therefore I would like to encourage all comreligiones of the Religio Romana to consider on special occasions of donating to Heifer International and doing so through this particular site, Pagans for Hunger Relief.

Di deaeque nos semper ament
M Horatius Piscinus

Sapere aude!
Horatius Piscinus
Curialis
Curialis

Return to Collegium Religionum et Philosophiarum