RP Thread: OOC discussion

Roman arts, sciences, architecture and literature, and the modern creative efforts inspired by them. This is the home of our famous Roleplaying Thread. >({|:-)

Moderator: Aldus Marius

Update

Postby Aldus Marius on Sat Jul 10, 2004 11:08 pm

Salvete iterum!

I have it on very good authority (PM from the Great Man Himself) that Senator Cato did, in fact, leave that sack o' gold on the table in the taverna.

Now we get to make plans...[most Fiendish Evil Grin]!

In cahoots,
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Curio Agelastus on Sat Jul 10, 2004 11:40 pm

Salve mi Mari,

I think we have to wait for either Draco to react to our calling him green and useless against men of the shadows :twisted: or for Cato to write a piece about his own actions now that we've decided not to work with him. Because of this, it will be rare that Cato's pieces and ours interact, I suspect, unless you have something up your sleeve, Cato?

You see, Mari, if one of us posts next, it'll look like we're hogging the RP for ourselves. 8)

Bene vale,
Marcus Scribonius Curio Britannicus.
Marcus Scribonius Curio Agelastus
Rector ColHis, Senator

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Curio Agelastus
Senator
Senator

Cato Went Away

Postby Aldus Marius on Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:25 am

Salve, mi Curio...

Friend Cato has just left the Taverna. He does not know as of yet what our decision is. Seems to me the most natural thing to happen next would be for our guys to discuss their plans...

A guiding light is...
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Gnaeus Dionysius Draco on Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:39 am

Salvete amici,

I'll post a few more things when I have more time to think about it... Sorry to keep you enthralled ;).

Valete,
Draco
Gn. Dionysius Draco Invictus
Gnaeus Dionysius Draco
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Curio Agelastus on Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:42 am

Salve mi Mari,

I just thought I'd point out that I can't answer your comments in the RP, because I've already stormed out of the Taverna.

Bene vale,
Rector ColHis, Senator

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Curio Agelastus
Senator
Senator

Acknowledgement

Postby Aldus Marius on Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:49 am

Message received, mi Curio. I have since written a little 'bridge-piece' to get Marius Peregrine pointed in the right direction. >({|:-)

In fide,
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Pingful

Postby Aldus Marius on Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:57 am

*** Mari just made promotion to Signifer!! ***

*~*~*~* Next Stop: CENTURIO ! ! ! *~*~*~*

-_-_-_-_- YOU SAW IT HERE FIRST ! ! ! -_-_-_-_-

* Marius begins to bounce all over the place *

*ping* *ping* *ping* *ping* *ping* *ping* *ping*

(I'm so Happy...[snif]) >({|:`)

In ASCIItia,
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Curio Agelastus on Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:55 pm

Salvete,

Congratulations, mi Mari!

Ariadne, there is no need to start a new RP, because you can easily enter into the old RP. Just have your character turn up on our travels - we'll soon be heading to Britannia, so you could either be in Britannia, or maybe turn up in Massilia? This of course all depends on what part you want to play.

Bene valete,
Rector ColHis, Senator

Curio Agelastus
Senator
Senator

Salve amica!

Postby Aldus Marius on Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:49 am

Salve Ariadne!

I've read your RP nugget, saved it to disk and shall ponder it. I like the setup. I, too, am sure that you can slip your character into our game once our guys clear the City; remember, old Marius likes staying in houses with libraries, and yours sounds like it has one.

But if you wish to run a second RP, we (you and I, and anyone else who'd like to join) can do that too! I have one or two young-soldier characters who might make A's life Interesting. One is upstanding; the other's a rebel and a misfit. They are from two different games, so they don't know each other, and I would not bring them in together. And you can see one of rebel Petronius' posts early in this very thread! It's called "Marius Marius (HUMOR)" and is dated 24 Jan 03. Tag me here if you like him.

Some players may like whatever evolves in a new game better than the one we've got. It's a chance to bring in different characters, different themes, a different tone. It might attract a different audience...and new players who want a chance to have an impact on a developing story.

Besides...there's nothing says a player can't run characters in both games! [g]

Bonam Fortunam, in any case,
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Something different

Postby Aldus Marius on Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:56 pm

Salve iterum, Ariadne...

New thought: I'm trying to come up with a civilian...

You do know Arpinum's the home town of my distinguished adopted ancestor, Gaius Marius, yes? I was wondering if that could provide a connection...

Thing is, all my Marii are military. Hmm...

What sorts of people did your gal usually talk to in the Subura, the Forum, &c? Maybe one of them followed her here...

...or maybe she accidentally-on-purpose befriends someone right here in town.

After brainstorming last night, I've got everything in my pocket from an ancestor-spirit to an Archmage. What kind of story would you prefer? What balance of history and magic?

Go 'head and drop me a private message in my BB2 mailbox (you've got one too) and let's 'subplot' together!

Thinkin' out loud is...
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

A Stab in the Dark

Postby Aldus Marius on Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:00 am

Salve, Ariadne, et salvete omnes...

Still nothing in my PM box; I'll go ahead and post something in the actual RP and see if anything bites. Here goes...

In amicitia,
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Curio Agelastus on Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:34 am

Salvete omnes,

My latest post in the RP is a direct invitation to join in; I'll happily insert a quick non player character if no one feels like getting involved, but surely there's someone? Ariadne, perhaps this is a good time for you to enter the story? Or alternatively, Cato, this might be a good time for you to make your re-appearance? :D

Bene valete,
Rector ColHis, Senator

Curio Agelastus
Senator
Senator

I give up.

Postby Aldus Marius on Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:33 am

I am tired of waiting for a certain Personage to respond--at all--to anything I have written, in-character or out-, about her New RP. I've been left hanging from 12 August to 22 September. It is evident that the GM is either extremely busy or does not wish to correspond with me. That's her right; but I have rights of my own, among them to be treated with some measure of courtesy (I am not a formal fellow, my demands in this area are quite small, but they exist).

So...I have blanked-out my lone IC entry and am bidding that thread good-bye for the nonce. Should circumstances permit a revival of that game, I have what I wrote on file at the homeplace...or, given guidelines, I can come up with something else.

From now on, if anyone doesn't want to play with me, drop me a line and just say so...!

Error: Frustration Tolerance Exceeded...
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Curio Agelastus on Thu Nov 25, 2004 2:25 pm

Salvete Mari et Draco,

And the rest was silence? Time for a reply, methinks...

Bene valete,
An impatient Curio. 8)
Rector ColHis, Senator

Curio Agelastus
Senator
Senator

Postby Gnaeus Dionysius Draco on Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:48 pm

Sorry guys that I'm always so slow... But a reply will come...

Draco
Gn. Dionysius Draco Invictus
Gnaeus Dionysius Draco
Curialis
Curialis

My excuse...

Postby Aldus Marius on Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:06 pm

Have you forgotten, mi Curio, that I've been in transit...?

One doesn't go online long enough to write a roleplaying entry when one is visiting one's mother. One is likely to be paddled if he tries it. Even if one is a redoubtable warrior like Marius. >({|;-p

In amicitia (and still getting caught up now that he's home),
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Curio Agelastus on Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:52 am

Ok guys, I forgive you. :P Try to keep it going though, Curio can't sit there lost and forlorn for ever... :lol:

Bene valete,
Rector ColHis, Senator

Curio Agelastus
Senator
Senator

Workin' on it...

Postby Aldus Marius on Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:29 am

Ave amici...!

Marius is working on his next RP post.

'Course, he is also working on getting the h*ll out of Dallas...and this must take priority.

Nevertheless, the completed post (it won't be long...for a Marius entry) should be up in a day or two.

Note to Curio: Is the yin/yang on story-Curio's brooch the same symbol he wrote on the tablet he sent to summon Marius from Spain, 'way long time ago...? (the one that was delivered to Marius by his falcon)

Lepide,
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Curio Agelastus on Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:59 pm

Salve Mari!

No worries, we understand that you've got a busy time at the moment.

About the yinyang: indeed it is - this is the same Curio, and he bears the same symbol for the same reasons.

Bene vale,
Rector ColHis, Senator

Curio Agelastus
Senator
Senator

Sic transit Marius.

Postby Aldus Marius on Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:23 am

Avete, conlusores!

Arrived and settling in his new desert home is the redoubtable Marius. He would greatly like to forget almost everything about the move except that it's over! So rise up, fellow-roleplayers, and give him an excuse to work on something fun for the first time in too long!

Lepide,
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

PreviousNext

Return to Collegium Artium et Litterarum