Salvete, new amici; tell us a bit about yourselves! But this is no ordinary Intro forum; you will learn quite a bit about the rest of us too. >({|:-)

Moderators: Aldus Marius, Valerius Claudius Iohanes

Postby Anonymous on Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:42 pm

Salve All..
Forgive me if I do not know all the lingo yet but I am new to the site and to Religio Romana..

Vale!
MARCVS SILVANVS
Anonymous

Postby Anonymous on Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:23 pm

Where is everyone???? :?:
Anonymous

Postby Tiberius Dionysius Draco on Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:42 pm

Salve Silvane,

first of all, welcome to the SVR, I hope you'll enjoy it here. Second of all, be patient, :wink: .

Vale bene,
Tiberius Dionysius Draco
Tiberius Dionysius Draco
Curator
Curator

Postby Horatius Piscinus on Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:22 pm

Salve Marce Silvane

Welcome to SVR.

We just had our first major glich in our five year history - the boards and website was shut down for a few days. So we are regrouping at the moment.

So the religio Romana? And what other interests might you have to share with us?

Vale optime
M Horatius Piscinus

Sapere aude!
Horatius Piscinus
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Anonymous on Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:08 am

Tiberius Dionysius Draco wrote:Salve Silvane,

first of all, welcome to the SVR, I hope you'll enjoy it here. Second of all, be patient, :wink: .

Vale Draco,

Salve Bene,
Thank You! et I hope so..I'll Try!

Vale
M.S.
Anonymous

Postby Anonymous on Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:16 am

Horatius Piscinus wrote:Salve Marce Silvane

Welcome to SVR.

We just had our first major glich in our five year history - the boards and website was sut down for a few days. So we are regrouping at the moment.

So the religio Romana? And what other interests might you have to share with us?

Vale optime

Salve Horate Piscine(?)
Thanks for the welcome..Ahh well that Sucks.
Yeah Religio Romana..Other interests,lets see....Any thing Roman..And wished I could speak Latin..and hope to learn some atleast.
Besides those, I like sports,spending time with familia,and eating Italian Food..well mainly Pizza and Spegetti.. :wink: And I would love to travel to Italy and other parts that have ancient Roman ruins.

Vale!
M.S.
Anonymous

Welcome!

Postby Aldus Marius on Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:32 am

Ave, magister (Greetings, O Wise One)...

...and welcome to the Forum Board and the SVR; I do hope you enjoy your experience here!

This Forum is very lively...but at a lower gear than some Boards that might see a few hundred posts a day. Most of us here are college students, so the Forum slows almost to a standstill during the period leading up to and including Final Exams. And then the students travel for the summer; this is easier to do in Europe, where we have more members than anywhere else, including the founders of the Societas. Many of the rest are retired old farts (like me) who have time a-plenty but can only sit at a computer for so long. Throw in the odd reenactor who does gigs on the weekends, the folks who only have computer access through their jobs, and the professors developing lesson-plans for all those students, and...well, I'm surprised we hear from anybody between May and September.

But we do. And while some of their writings are funny or fantastical or meant just to be sociable, a very large proportion of the material is of such high quality and readability that it ends up being enshrined on our Web site. I am currently working through a backlog of articles and essays that were donated to the site but not yet published. And the excellence and scholarship of so much of this work just amazes me. What's up on the site already will give you an indication. There's more on the way. And it all comes from amateurs, such as ourselves, who are or are becoming Romans-in-Spirit, and who do all this homework because it helps them connect with the Heritage--in short, because it pleases them to do so.

Our Collegium Religionem members are the most welcoming group I have ever interacted with on matters of Roman religion, and I'm not even a practitoner. Even those who do not formally worship any Roman deities may have questions about Them, or about the things that went on around Them back when, and on how one can adapt a formerly state-level, public religion to one's own private life. Such discussions are the soul of the CollRel, and indeed of the Societas as a whole.

Beautiful avatar, btw...and this is a Roman smilie. >({|:-)

And the Latin...? Stick around; it'll rub off on you!

In amicitia et fide (In Friendship and Fidelity),
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Anonymous on Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:05 pm

Salve A.Mare(?),
Thanks for the welcome and the insite.
Magister?You jest,I am a mere pleb or cive at heart..I look forward to conversing and learning along with others on the Collegium Religionem threads as well as the others..
Thanks for the compliment on the avatar..

In amicitia et fide to you also!

M.S.
Anonymous

Alde Mari, Pleb

Postby Aldus Marius on Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:56 pm

Salve iterum, mi Silvane!

My name always gets people; you should see my "mundane" handle. But it's actually not strange, just different. "Aldus" acts just like "Marcus" (or "Silvanus", for that matter); if you want to flag me down at the train station, you say "Alde!!" And Marius is Marius, same as it has been for millenia; "Mari" in the vocative (Hey You!) case.

So: Alde Mari. Or Mari. Or Daggone Roman. Or the Wanderer. Or Wolf-Brother. Or...bene, one good reason for me to bounce around the Board a lot is to find out what colorful names people are calling me this week! (I do not wanna know what they were calling me last week.) >({|:-P

And the Marii are as Plebeian as they come! That doesn't keep a Roman from being welcome, or wise.

In amicitia,
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Return to Introductions