Senatorial order in the Late Republic

History, archaeology, historiography, peoples, and personalities of ancient Rome and the Mediterranean.

Moderator: Aldus Marius

Senatorial order in the Late Republic

Postby Tiberius Livius Nero on Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:35 am

I am currently writing a paper on the senatorial order during the Late Roman Republic (up to about 50 B.C.). I was wondering if anyone here could point me in the direction of possible sources for the project. What I am specifically looking for are texts which discuss the leading families, and information as to how many consulships those families had managed to hold during the course of the Republic (and to a lesser extent, also the amount of triumphs that the family had been honored with).
Obviously the Capitoline fasti are of crucial importance, but I am just curious as to the existence of any other treatments of the subject, and perhaps also further sources and commentaries on the senatorial nobility...

In fide,
Ti. Livius Nero
Tiberius Livius Nero
Socius
Socius

Re: Senatorial order in the Late Republic

Postby Valerius Claudius Iohanes on Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:00 am

Salve, Tiberii Nero -

Lacking the scholarly end of things myself, I can offer you no help. Most of our more scholarly folk have migrated elsewhere. So I hope you're having some success through other channels.

Vale bene.
Valerius Claudius Iohannes
Curator anno MMDCCLXII
Centurio Honorarius Societatis
Civis ab MMDCCLIV

:: Adversitas bono viro intelligentiam docet. ::
Valerius Claudius Iohanes
Curator
Curator

Location: Sancti Leandri Oppidum, California Franciscencis, Conpactae Civitates Americae

Return to Collegium Historicum