Candidacy for consul

This is the Comitia (members' council) of the Societas Via Romana. While guests may read this forum, only registered members of the SVR may post or vote here.

Moderators: Aldus Marius, Valerius Claudius Iohanes

Candidacy for consul

Postby Gnaeus Dionysius Draco on Fri Nov 28, 2003 9:29 pm

Salvete sodales,

This is the first day on which candidates may announce their candidacy and as such, I use this opportunity to announce mine for consul.

I am one of the co-founders of Societas Via Romana and was censor from its foundation until December 2002. As a censor I've plagued hundreds of mailboxes with welcome messages and even more with promotional e-mail. I designed the Greek personality, Roman emperor and Roman writer tests and saw to the correctness of the names of the members. You can thank me that right now we do not have a Quintus Shayalus Bubonis among our members ;). I also wrote numerous legal or semi-legal articles.

Then, this year I have been aedilis and reorganised much of the site. Although I have been fairly inactive for the last two months due to my college activities I do believe I made a substantial contribution to the growth of the site by bringing back other languages, making the lay-out clearer to navigate and correcting numerous errors or broken links. I also thought out the ludi circenses and have enjoyed writing these reports or entertaining our sodales with them.

I believe that my experience makes me fit to be consul. But a candidate for consul also needs to have ideas. I hope to contribute to SVR's growth by continuing the legal work by the current praetores and consul Piscinus but I would also like to make SVR more known in the "real world" through all means possible. Attracting and activating members will be my #1 priority.

I hope that you will all at least consider voting for me, even if I have unmercifully criticised your use of Latin or made another pedantic remark. I am actually a kind and considerate person. :D

Valete optime!
Gn. Dionysius Draco Invictus
Gnaeus Dionysius Draco
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Primus Aurelius Timavus on Fri Nov 28, 2003 10:56 pm

I declare my support for the candidacy of Gn. Dionysius Draco Invictus as Consul! :party:

Tergestus
Primus Aurelius Timavus
Curator, Rogator, Praetor et Patricius
Civis Romanus Sum
Primus Aurelius Timavus
Curator
Curator

Where Credit's Due...?

Postby Aldus Marius on Sun Nov 30, 2003 12:12 am

Ahem.

Our first official Consular candidate had this, among other things, to say regarding his (Very High) qualifications:

> I designed the Greek personality, Roman emperor and Roman writer
> tests and saw to the correctness of the names of the members.
> You can thank me that right now we do not have a Quintus Shayalus Bubonis
> among our members.

Err, Consul-to-be,-I-hope? --I think you had a little bit of help with the names, for some of that time. I'll do it again, too, next time you ask. True, we never made my services Official; but they were available all the same, and I like to think you found them useful a time or two.

In fide,
Nomenclator-on-Call
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Gnaeus Dionysius Draco on Sun Nov 30, 2003 4:15 pm

Salvete amici!

Mi Tergeste, gratias tibi ago for the support! :)

Mari, I don't wish to be pedantic or anything, but iirc during my months as censor I did handle all the names myself. You may be confusing me with Lupus? I'm certain I checked all "my" names myself.

Valete bene!
Draco
Gnaeus Dionysius Draco
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Curio Agelastus on Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:33 pm

Salvete omnes,

**Curio stands at the rostrum, and raises his hand, manically screeching*

Amici, cives, omnes, I beg you to hear me! I see that Gnaeus Dionysius Draco has declared his candidacy for Consul. If this man is Consul, it can only strengthen the evil Dionysian Empire that will soon envelop all of our great Societas. This man, cives, intends that we should all write proper Latin, under pain of inquisition. Even worse, this man claims Etruscan ancestry! He is no true Roman, but an Etruscan infiltrating our glorious society to bring it crashing down! **Curio keeps quiet about his own ridiculously hybrid ancestry**

The fact that this man has been the single largest factor in the success of our Societas is irrelevant. The fact that every year of its existence he has put many hours work into it means nothing! The fact that this man is so devoted to the Societas that he buzzes us when we've fallen asleep can mean nothing in the face of the facts! We should elect the candidates of the people, not of the evil megalomanical Dionysian Empire!

**His work done, Curio sniggers, puts up a "Draco for Consul" poster on the rostrum and leaves**
Marcus Scribonius Curio Agelastus
Rector ColHis, Senator

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Curio Agelastus
Senator
Senator

Postby Quintus Aurelius Orcus on Thu Dec 04, 2003 1:27 pm

I declare my full suport to Draco for his candidacy. May the evil Dionysians rule forever!!!!!! I'm pretty sure that a man like Draco as consul could only be for the better of SVR. He will do a great job, tha i'm confident in.
valete
Romulus
Quintus Aurelius Orcus
Rector ColRel
Rogator
Princeps gentis Aureliae
Quintus Aurelius Orcus
Senator
Senator

Postby Gnaeus Dionysius Draco on Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:56 pm

Salvete amici,

I thank you all very much for this outpouring of support.

However, I'm wondering: where are the other candidates? Is there no one but me with an evil scheme in SVR?

Valete!
Draco
Gnaeus Dionysius Draco
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Quintus Aurelius Orcus on Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:50 pm

Draco,
ofcourse there are other sodales with evil schemes, why do you think i spupported your candidacy. Just kidding here. anyway, normally i would like to add that if there is a need for another rogator to count the votes, i will be glad to help out, but i'm still trying to figure out if i would run for praetor or not.
vale
Romulus
Quintus Aurelius Orcus
Rector ColRel
Rogator
Princeps gentis Aureliae
Quintus Aurelius Orcus
Senator
Senator

Postby Q. C. Locatus Barbatus on Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:57 pm

Another person with evil schemes? Maybe we should make our plans together! Obviously I want myself too as imperator! Or did you have some other plans? To make me king for example? :twisted: :wink:
Quintus Claudius Locatus Barbatus
Rector
Princeps Gentis Claudiae
Consul
Senator
Patricius
Q. C. Locatus Barbatus
Senator
Senator

Postby Quintus Aurelius Orcus on Fri Dec 05, 2003 8:14 pm

Locate,
you as king or imperator? Don't make me laugh. :lol: No for your position i was thinking of more of a servant type of function. :lol:
Me as leader of the mighty forces of SVR. :wink: :lol:
vale
Romulus
Quintus Aurelius Orcus
Rector ColRel
Rogator
Princeps gentis Aureliae
Quintus Aurelius Orcus
Senator
Senator

Postby Gnaeus Dionysius Draco on Fri Dec 26, 2003 9:48 pm

I would hereby like to restate my candidature for the coming re-issue of our elections.

Draco
Gnaeus Dionysius Draco
Curialis
Curialis

Return to Comitia