Tired of the spam

This is the Comitia (members' council) of the Societas Via Romana. While guests may read this forum, only registered members of the SVR may post or vote here.

Moderators: Aldus Marius, Valerius Claudius Iohanes

Tired of the spam

Postby Annia Minucia Marcella on Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:51 pm

Everyday I come on here and it seems the spammers post more often than the members. How about you make it so you have to approve membership, or that new members' posts are moderated? It's really annoying and I'm getting tired of reporting spam to the mods.
Annia Minucia Marcella
II. Legionary
II. Legionary

Re: Tired of the spam

Postby Aldus Marius on Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:01 am

...There; I've made it so that new accounts have to be activated by one of the admins. When a new member registers, instead of getting a letter with an activation link, his or her name will be listed under "Inactive Members" on the admin panel until an admin checks a box after the name and chooses "Activate Member". We had it that way on the old Board, for the same reason; I was hoping that step would not become necessary here, but it looks like they've found us...so back goes the restriction.

Sigh. I ain't been nothin' but a janitor lately...check in, sweep the floors, take out the trash...
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Annia Minucia Marcella on Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:49 pm

You could post in the gladiator thread....

:P
Annia Minucia Marcella
II. Legionary
II. Legionary

Postby Valerius Claudius Iohanes on Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:40 pm

Salvete, Marii Anniaque -

"Nothin' but a janitor" - hardly, Marii. Not to us. I know you're feeling down about the SVR's slump, and I was certainly down myself after causing so much unexpected trouble from our garrulous, hyperactive, ex-friend, but we needn't stay that way.

Maybe we need to start some virtual gladiatorials around here. Back in the day we had the virtual chariots. Maybe it's time to try out some Ludi Societatis; quid censitis?
Valerius Claudius Iohannes
Curator anno MMDCCLXII
Centurio Honorarius Societatis
Civis ab MMDCCLIV

:: Adversitas bono viro intelligentiam docet. ::
Valerius Claudius Iohanes
Curator
Curator

Location: Sancti Leandri Oppidum, California Franciscencis, Conpactae Civitates Americae

Return to Comitia