SVR Origins and History

This is the Comitia (members' council) of the Societas Via Romana. While guests may read this forum, only registered members of the SVR may post or vote here.

Moderators: Aldus Marius, Valerius Claudius Iohanes

SVR Origins and History

Postby Primus Aurelius Timavus on Thu May 18, 2006 10:50 pm

Last year, Curio came up with the idea of including a history of SVR on our site. With the reorganization of the Societas, we have an appropriate opportunity to educate visitors and new sodales (and ourselves) about where we have been.

A history would have to be voted on before being posted. While the idea would definitely not be to bash any other organization or any particular individual, there would be a need to write about controversial topics in a neutral manner.

What do you think? Anyone with a long memory want to take a crack at it?

Tergestus
Primus Aurelius Timavus
Curator, Rogator, Praetor et Patricius
Civis Romanus Sum
Primus Aurelius Timavus
Curator
Curator

SVR-chives

Postby Aldus Marius on Fri May 19, 2006 7:25 am

Salve, mi Tergeste!

I have the beginnings of such a project in the several posts, in several places, that I have made on the subject at various times. (The rough draft of the Nova Roma section is in the Comitia-->Restoratio Memoriae thread.) I have been planning to gather this material, edit it into a coherent piece, and install it--along with the older versions of the Regula, our legislative measures pre-Reform, and other appropriate items--in a planned new section called "Archives".

As to when...I can't really estimate. I would like to clear the backlog of contributions before I do anything else. My next project was to be the rewriting of the Regula section, to include creation of the Archives.

If anything I am planning to do on the site needs to be put up for a vote, we certainly have time...

In fide,
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Return to Comitia