CENSOR - candidates here please

This is the Comitia (members' council) of the Societas Via Romana. While guests may read this forum, only registered members of the SVR may post or vote here.

Moderators: Aldus Marius, Valerius Claudius Iohanes

CENSOR - candidates here please

Postby Publius Dionysius Mus on Wed Nov 13, 2002 11:27 am

Here candidates for the office of censor may post their candidacy, and questions and debate with these candidates should also be done here.
Publius Dionysius Mus

No Spartiate soul left alive to tell
How bravely they fought
By treason they fell
(Ancient Rites - Thermopylae)
Publius Dionysius Mus
Eques
Eques

Censor

Postby Q. C. Locatus Barbatus on Thu Nov 14, 2002 7:54 pm

Salvete,

What is a censor?

- There are two censores serving a term of two years, with a one year overlap of terms; so thsi year we are only electing one.
- They have to maintain the Album Sodalium (list of members), Album Senatorum (list of senatores) and the Album Magistratuum (list of magistrates)
- To safeguard the public morality and honour
- To admit applicants to membership

Valete,

Locatus
Quintus Claudius Locatus Barbatus
Rector
Princeps Gentis Claudiae
Consul
Senator
Patricius
Q. C. Locatus Barbatus
Senator
Senator

Quintus Claudius Locatus for censor!

Postby Q. C. Locatus Barbatus on Sun Nov 17, 2002 2:58 pm

Salvete,

I hereby would like to announce my candidacy for Censor.

I have a lot of experience: I've been consul in our first year of existence (together with Marcus Horatius) and Aedilis this year (Together with Q. Pomponius Atticus). I also have been prorector of the Collegium Latinum and Rector of the Collegium Graecum.

I have bought this server for the SVR and made, together with my friend atticus, a whole new site; we switched from our email lists to this forum. I also have helped a lot with our new regula (approved some months ago).

But I try not only to be political active. I noticed I have the most postings on my name on this forum. I always try to come up with new subjects, paticipate in discussions and learn about our members.

When I would be elcted as censor I woul like to continue SVR's political stability. I also would try to make more promotion for our Society, so w'e gain more (motivated) members and thus gain more activity on our fora. I also would try to set up some meetings between the SVR members, everywhere in this world (although this may sound a little ambitious, but I can always give it a try, nonne?).

So, one sentence: Quintus Claudius Locatus for Censor!

Valete,

Loc
Quintus Claudius Locatus Barbatus
Rector
Princeps Gentis Claudiae
Consul
Senator
Patricius
Q. C. Locatus Barbatus
Senator
Senator

Return to Comitia