Marius' thread!

The main forum of the Societas Via Romana. Anything not covered by one of the Collegia is probably being discussed here!

Moderator: Aldus Marius

Re: My Imminent Demotion

Postby Horatius Piscinus on Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:36 pm

Gratulor, Mari

MariPere' wrote:...so, with this 'Send' button, I hereby submit myself to the embarrassment--the humiliation--of a demotion from senior NCO to very-junior officer, from Master Sergeant to Second Looie...

Where do you get the idea that you're a butter bar? The praefectus castorum is senior NCO, up from the ranks and still outranking a lowly tribunus augusticlavis. Report to the principia's sacullum to offer thanks to the Legio's genius for your promotion, and don't forget the two amphorae of wine you are to provide. Then report to the librarius where he'll give you your instructions. I'll have you inspecting the cloaca and on CQ duty for a month, and if you give the centurians any problems you'll see yourself as morale officer, too.

Praefectus castorum
M Horatius Piscinus

Sapere aude!
Horatius Piscinus
Curialis
Curialis

Duty assignments

Postby Aldus Marius on Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:18 am

** is brave **
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Re: New job description?

Postby Curio Agelastus on Fri May 06, 2005 12:44 am

MariPere' wrote:
...Well, I'd hesitate to run your character for you; but, other'n that...what else do you do around here, anyway? >({|;-)

Cheeky! What do I do around here, indeed... Well, as you say, I run my character in the RP... I also... um... make the rest of you look even more knowledgable by comparison! :lol:

Ok, point taken, I'm officially redundant... :cry:
Marcus Scribonius Curio Agelastus
Rector ColHis, Senator

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Curio Agelastus
Senator
Senator

NOT!

Postby Aldus Marius on Fri May 06, 2005 9:53 pm

Aw, who the heck cares for Officialdom?! --What you do for my morale, amice, cannot be condensed onto a job description. The weeks without you were Gods-awful.

My eyes light up when I see your avatar.
"CURIO!!" I exclaim. If I should chance to actually 'see' you, it is more like "(((( C*U*R*I*O !!!! ))))". I begin reading you with a smile, and end with a wide grin. I am always the better for the encounter.

Redundant? --NOT!!!

In extreme Amicitia,
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Contributions

Postby Aldus Marius on Wed May 11, 2005 5:39 am

Salvete amici...and particularly those of you who happen to be Rectores and Magistrates:

1) How would I go about contributing a longish story (16 chapters) to the Collegium Artium?
-- It's the Sherwood story from my Web site, featuring a temporally-displaced Roman and several of the Merry Men; if you'd like to see it (to evaluate its suitability, perhaps), just hop on over to the Outpost and let me know what you think!

2) I have a batch of shorter stuff that I've been meaning to post to the Board for several months now. It's not all Roman-related (and a lot of it's unfinished--like my Wolf-Roma seed in the Idea Factory, I think)--but it's all mine, and I've wanted to share it. Would anyone be interested in seeing this material in, say, a "Storyteller's Nook"?

All together now: "Mari, You've Been Holding Out On Us!!!" >({|;-)

In amicitia (and a certain restlessness of spirit),
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Halfway

Postby Aldus Marius on Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:16 am

Talking to myself, really...

...but with this post I shall be halfway done with being a misspelled angusticlavus.

*click*
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Gnaeus Dionysius Draco on Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:17 am

It does say "augusticlavus", doesn't it? Or am I interpreting your sense of humour the wrong way :? ?

Cheers,
Draco
Gn. Dionysius Draco Invictus
Gnaeus Dionysius Draco
Curialis
Curialis

'Augusticlavus'

Postby Aldus Marius on Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:18 am

Salve, mi Draco!

(That was quite some escape you pulled off in the RP!) >({|:-D

Na, no 'sense of humor' to invoke here...just the drearisome, matter-of-fact and utterly mundane misspelling of my current Board rank.

Should be:
A-n-gusticlavus

Is:
A-u-gusticlavus

...And I've been trying to get it fixed ever since you and I were brainstorming the Board ranks, 'wayyy back in '02.

Been wearing it like this since late April. And you can ask Piscinus: I have been absolutely humorless about it.

Quamdiu, Domine? --"How long, O Lord?"

In fide,
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Tiberius Dionysius Draco on Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:58 am

Salve Angusticlave,

Happy now? :wink:

valete bene!
Tiberius Dionysius Draco
Tiberius Dionysius Draco
Curator
Curator

Fixed!!! (careful how you say that at the vet's)

Postby Aldus Marius on Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:10 pm

Avete Aediles...

...I Got It!!!

Thank'ee's!!!!

* Marius starts mercilessly Pinging around the little 'cell' where this message is *

(Dang, they're good!)

Cum magna gratia,
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Loose End

Postby Aldus Marius on Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:22 am

(Oh, yeah...)

*** Marius comes to rest. ***

>({|;-)
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

It's my party!

Postby Aldus Marius on Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:22 am

Avete amici!!

We used to have a gal, Xanthippa Helia Allegra, who kept track of comings and goings and festivals and everybody's birthdays. As far as I know, she's still a member; but I haven't seen a birthday post from her in...ohh...the Earth was a lot colder then, and there were all these very shaggy elephants wandering about.

So I guess I'll have to do this myself: Depending on where you're sitting, it is already Marius' dies natalis.

I get to be 43.

!!!

>({|8-)

In amicitia et fide,
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Primus Aurelius Timavus on Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:25 pm

Congratulations Mari! We're almost the same age and we share the military experience as well as our love of Romanitas!

Tergestus
Primus Aurelius Timavus
Curator, Rogator, Praetor et Patricius
Civis Romanus Sum
Primus Aurelius Timavus
Curator
Curator

Postby Aulus Dionysius Mencius on Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:44 am

*Mencius has rounded up his servants to prepare a libation of cream soda in honor of this blessed day*

GET ON WITH IT, UNWORTHY SERVANTS, OR I WILL HAVE YOUR HEADS AND THOSE OF YOUR HOUSEHOLDS, TOO

(expect for the two Liao girls, who wil make fine concubines :twisted: :wink: )

Again, many congrats to you, amice bon...
Aulus Dionysius Mencius
Praefectus Belgicae, Rector of ColMil et Senator
Aulus Dionysius Mencius
V. Cornicen
V. Cornicen

Postby Quintus Pomponius Atticus on Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:40 pm

Two days late, but still...

:party:

CONGRATULATIONS, MARI !!
Quintus Pomponius Atticus
Praetor

"Ars longa, vita brevis" - Hippocrates
Quintus Pomponius Atticus
Senator
Senator

Belateds?

Postby Aldus Marius on Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:00 am

Avete, amici Romani!!

Thank'ee's to everyone who has sent me either private or public congratulations...and that's almost all of you! >({|:-D

That's a funny sort of number, 43...it must be Prime, I'm sure of it, because nobody's ever included it in a rock song. Not even one about losing your girlfriend at the amusement park at midnight. With 42, there was at least the pop-cultural Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy reference. But whatever can I do with a 43?? Hmm...

Atque memento, on an archaeological timescale there are no such things as late birthday greetings. If the card got here within the same half-millenium, as far as I'm concerned you're good!!

In amicitia (et a wee bit of silliness),
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Cleopatra Aelia on Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:24 pm

Salve mi Mari,

Of course also a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY from me, too. Funny, you turned 43 now, and I just turned 34 in August :lol:

I'm member in a German speaking history forum and there are always the current b-day's listed at the section where also the people who are online appear. Maybe we could create something like that as well, but I guess that depends on the software of this forum and if the administrators agree with it.
Cleopatra Aelia
alias Medusa Gladiatrix
Cleopatra Aelia
Curialis
Curialis

The Answer Is...43

Postby Aldus Marius on Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:22 am

Salve, mi Aelia (and welcome back!)

> Funny, you turned 43 now, and I just turned 34 in August

AHA! --*There* is the consonance. Thank you, Milady; you have restored my faith in the Order of the Universe. (Not so famous as the Order of the Garter, but considerably bigger.)

>({|:-)

In amicitia,
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Re: The Answer Is...43

Postby Valerius Claudius Iohanes on Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:04 pm

Coming in late and still later, less of a poster than a lurker, still, Valerius Claudius Iohannensis regrets not having posted anything for a long time. Simply too busy at work to even think of the other life, and then too tired at home to get past the domestic stuff, either. The solstice comes, the Feast of Christ, the Lighted Glory of December, a triumphal start to a new year, and hopefully of more contribution and support from yours truly....

Atque - months-belatedly I bid Marius Peregrinus ipse have a splendid 43rd year (and Aelia Cleopatra a wonderful 34th). My 51st comes up in Februario.

Marius Peregrine wrote:Salve, mi Aelia (and welcome back!)

> Funny, you turned 43 now, and I just turned 34 in August

AHA! --*There* is the consonance. Thank you, Milady; you have restored my faith in the Order of the Universe. (Not so famous as the Order of the Garter, but considerably bigger.)

>({|:-)

In amicitia,
Last edited by Valerius Claudius Iohanes on Thu May 24, 2007 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valerius Claudius Iohannes
Curator anno MMDCCLXII
Centurio Honorarius Societatis
Civis ab MMDCCLIV

:: Adversitas bono viro intelligentiam docet. ::
Valerius Claudius Iohanes
Curator
Curator

Location: Sancti Leandri Oppidum, California Franciscencis, Conpactae Civitates Americae

A loss

Postby Aldus Marius on Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:13 am

Salvete amici...

I seem to be losing a dog a year. Rudi died in November of '03; Bonnie got "rehomed" two months later, and I still miss her.

Three days before Christmas, Cairn Terrier Maynard ("Meinard" in the RP) had a massive stroke that left him paralyzed from the neck down. Ma and I took him to the vet's, and he had to be put to sleep.

Bloody frickin' hell.

Not much else to say...
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

PreviousNext

Return to General