Marius' thread!

The main forum of the Societas Via Romana. Anything not covered by one of the Collegia is probably being discussed here!

Moderator: Aldus Marius

Postby Marcus Lupinius Paulus on Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:24 am

Ave Mari,

I hope all goes well with your grandmother. And yes, animals are great support, aren't they?

Paulus
Marcus Lupinius Paulus
Curialis
Curialis

Glad Tidings, Then

Postby Valerius Claudius Iohanes on Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:59 am

Salve, Alde Marii -

Glad to hear of your grandmother's recovery. And convey our best to your mother, who must be feeling pretty anxious and overwhelmed, I would think.

Tangentially, each day I notice that you've got the Fasti up before I can even check on them. That's rather better than "patchy fog", I think.

Ut avia tua bene valescat.
Valerius Claudius Iohannes
Curator anno MMDCCLXII
Centurio Honorarius Societatis
Civis ab MMDCCLIV

:: Adversitas bono viro intelligentiam docet. ::
Valerius Claudius Iohanes
Curator
Curator

Location: Sancti Leandri Oppidum, California Franciscencis, Conpactae Civitates Americae

Too Fasti for ya?

Postby Aldus Marius on Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:50 am

Salve, mi Iohanne!

As the "something taken up for Lent", a sort of personal mini-vow, I must either post the Fasti or arrange to have them posted every day without fail. I check the Board each night, and will post them that night unless someone has beaten me to it. >({|:-)

It's true that since Grandma got sick I've only been on *once* a night...

Hmm, maybe I should modify my forecast to "dense fog"?

Post nubila,
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Marius is on Facebook!!!

Postby Aldus Marius on Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:43 pm

Salvete, amici Romani!

I can't believe I let my Ma talk me into this, but...

...Marius is on Facebook!!!

It's a total time-sink and I doubt I'll ever get way deep into it. But I check it every time I log on. If you're already there, look for "Marius Peregrine". (If you're not, look me up anyway, but it'll want you to register.)

(Ma's cooler than me. She got me into Pokémon too!)

In amicitia,
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Expecting

Postby Aldus Marius on Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:41 pm

Salvete, amici Romani!

My soror is at my Ma's house and will be having her baby sometime within the next week.

That means I get to be Uncle Marius for REAL!!! >({|8-) >({|8-) >({|8-) >({|8-)

Waitin' on the niece/nephew/new cub,
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Marcus Lupinius Paulus on Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:33 am

"That means I get to be Uncle Marius for REAL!!! >({|8-) >({|8-) >({|8-) >({|8-) "

Ah, what a pity that Marius doesn't like children. :lol:

I have a feeling this will change once the newbie arrives! Congratulations!

Paulus
Marcus Lupinius Paulus
Curialis
Curialis

Exception

Postby Aldus Marius on Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:20 pm

I *did* say "new cub"; you see, I've been to the reframing shop. >({|;-)

Expectans,
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

The New Cub

Postby Aldus Marius on Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:07 am

Introducing...Darla Ana Loomis. (You already know the other chap.)

*beams*
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Marcus Lupinius Paulus on Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:17 pm

Oh thats so CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE!

Marius holding a baby....now THAT has to go into the Photo gallery for posterity!

Congratulations on the new arrival!

Paulus
Marcus Lupinius Paulus
Curialis
Curialis

Re: Marius' thread (was: Where IS Everybody??)

Postby Valerius Claudius Iohanes on Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:43 am

Salvete, Amici -

Thanks to Gaius Aelius Ericius for taking time to have coffee with me today; it was nice to meet another Sodalis face to face and compare notes. This can't happen too often with us spread out all over the world!

Valete.
Curator anno MMDCCLXII
Civis ab MMDCCLIV

Curator
Curator

Location: Sancti Leandri Oppidum, California Franciscencis, Conpactae Civitates Americae

Postby Marcus Lupinius Paulus on Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:32 am

Do you two live in the same vicinity? What's he like?

Paulus
Marcus Lupinius Paulus
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Tarquinius Dionysius on Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:12 pm

Finally made it to the new forum...
Tarquinius Dionysius
Senator
Senator

Arrival

Postby Aldus Marius on Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:38 am

((( IO!! ))) He's Here!!

Salve, mi Tarquini! What've you been up to? Did you have any trouble finding us?

How do you like the new Forum so far? Your frater Tiberius is on the prowl for some alternate Board 'skins'; if this "ProSilver" theme isn't your thing, we should have more options soon. Best feature: The Collegia are waking up again, which excites me far more than any technical or cosmetic achievements! >({|:-)

In amicitia et fide,
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Re: Marius' thread!

Postby Valerius Claudius Iohanes on Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:19 am

Ave, Tarquinii.
Curator anno MMDCCLXII
Civis ab MMDCCLIV

Curator
Curator

Postby Tarquinius Dionysius on Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:48 pm

Thx, I liked the old color Marius, but the new lay-out doesn't bother me :)
Tarquinius Dionysius
Senator
Senator

Postby Aldus Marius on Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:55 am

Salve iterum, mi Tarquini, et Salvete omnes!

What if you could get the old color *with* the new layout? <g>

http://www.phpbb.com/styles/demo/3.0/index.php is a "demo Board" for the currently-available BB3 styles. You can go there, click on a drop-down list (way upper right-hand corner), and preview the styles. Click around, navigate like you would on a real Board, and let us know what you like! >({|:-)

In fide,
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

The New Cub

Postby Formosus Viriustus on Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:29 pm

:party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

Congratulationes Marii mi !

Belated congratulations on your becoming an UNCLE. You'll have to give up all that silly nonsense and start behaving like a grown up. You have RESPONSABILITIES now.

Say hello to the 'cub' from me. Tell her that she has to change that name though, ASAP. Darla Ana, now that is not a proper Roman name, is it ?

Vale optime,

:party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:
Formosus Viriustus

Zzzzz

Postby Formosus Viriustus on Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:51 pm

Ave Peregrine,

:mrgreen: Thanks for the ''job offer''. I could do with some sleep. :mrgreen:

:idea: according to my atlas the USA has about eight times as many Sparta's as Greece ... but none of them in Texas :!: :?:

:( Yes, I still working on that linking business. The info is 'out there', I know. Looks good though, doesn't it ? :?

Ed. note: Click 'Edit' on this post, look at the code and see how I linked to the 'job offer'. Spooky, ain't I?] (Omnes, tell me he wasn't asking for it!)
Formosus Viriustus

zzzz....*snork* - startle - "Huh??"

Postby Aldus Marius on Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:00 pm

Salve iterum, Formose Percite!

Ohh, you'll sleep all right...like a zombie, once every eight days or so. And your dreams will be plagued with ideas for the site's Next Biggest Project. Your daily conversation will be about Board stats when it's not about pets, health and the weather. All research not related to Web code will fall by the wayside. You'll be an excellent admin, and almost useless as a Sodalis otherwise. >({|;-]

And Curli-Su is NOTmean!!!

...Thus sayeth the Webmaster. >({|3-| hmph!

Off to commit more Spammicidal acts,
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Tangent alert ! Tangent alert ! Beep eep eep

Postby Formosus Viriustus on Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:48 pm

Salve amice,

I do have a look at your site regularly, I swear, but ... I used to be a rather attentive reader, until I met you guys. Nowadays I read a lot of things in an haphazard, erratic way. That's progress for you, hè ? That's the blessings of the internet. I switch over to your site from time to time, read a page or a few lines, look at a couple of pictures, and then jump to somewhere else. I pick up little snippets of information, here, there and everywhere, and half an hour later I have no idea anymore where I have read such and such.

I saw the Legio IX Hispana mentioned on your web page, had a quick look - they at least seemed to have some fun in reenacting, those guys - and I thought it fitted perfectly into the Formosi Furiosi line, so.... But of course, you are right, how stupid of me to overlook the VI Victrix. So the Legio VI Victrix Pia Fidelis it is then from now on. I like that name.

I know I have no say at all in this, 'The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away', but may I dare to ask if we could keep the Formosi Furiosi line as much as possible in the pure madcap (?) comedy style ? Don't bother about real facts ? Of course, you are free to do whatever you like. You are the WEBMASTER and I your humble servant.

I sure like to know a bit more about you. I guess there's still quite a bit about you on your own site I haven't had a thorough enough look at, but anyway...
I'm sorry if I mistook you for a 'kid' (that is, somebody who has about 20 years less on the counter than me). That would just about fit in with what I know of you so far, assuming you were still a 'real kid' when you went to the East to fight the Babylonians and Assyrians. (I hope at least I have understood that bit correctly. It is sometimes hard to distinguish facts from fiction in this Roman cyberworld.)

You certainly don't look a day older than 30 in those pictures I've seen. And you don't sound a day older than 12, so .... young you are, where the Furiosii are concerned. The Walls I am defending are not the British ones, but those North of Antverpia, which I build all by myself, single handedly, to keep those barbarian Batavians out. And cream soda ? Are you MAD ? Honey mead, yes, but my wife doesn't brew that. We're in Belgica here, so beer it is, nothing else. Be a man, hold your nose and gulp it down. And just pretend you like it, for Xanthippe's sake (and mine, she'll kill me if I bring home someone who doesn't like her beer).

I read all your posts anyway. So maybe we could have a more serious – but not too - conversation in another place ? Why not here ? Looking forward to hearing more, and I promise I will check out your site more thoroughly next time.

But ... there is the CHICKEN, finally, TBTG. I sure hope Iohannes will make it in time to join our little meal. But if he is too busy and occupied otherwise, we can just start, there is plenty of food anyway in case he decides to drop in later.

So tell me, are you a breast man or a leg man ?

In amicitia,
Formosus Viriustus

PreviousNext

Return to General