the other place

The main forum of the Societas Via Romana. Anything not covered by one of the Collegia is probably being discussed here!

Moderator: Aldus Marius

the other place

Postby Saxus Pitrinius Atheniensis on Sat Feb 01, 2003 12:16 am

pridie Kal. FEBRVARIAS MMDCCLVI

SAXUS VOBIS SALUTEM

I wonder if I'm not the first to have found you out of a certain discontent with "Nova Roma". I rejoice, in any case, to be amongst scholars and other nobiles animi.

Vale igitur et vince.
Saxus Pitrinius Atheniensis

Yup.

Postby Aldus Marius on Sat Feb 01, 2003 12:43 am

Salve, clare Pitrini...

Indeed, most of our early membership either bowed out or got frowned out of a certain Roman-themed Internet micronation. We don't talk about it much, except maybe privately with each other; not because it's disallowed, but because we've mostly decided we've more productive things to do.

Perhaps this thread may evolve into a bit of a "Survivor's Network"--that's up to the membership. If not, it can at least form a meeting-ground for those who, like ourselves, have roots of whatever depth in the OP "experience".

Welcome to the Societas! (Hey, we don't even have religious wars!)

In amicitia et fides (In Friendship and Faith),
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Welcome

Postby Q. C. Locatus Barbatus on Sat Feb 01, 2003 12:53 pm

Salve Pitrini,

I first want to welcome you in our Societas. We rejoice everytime we meet a new member.

Indeed, some are here because of earlier 'disappointments' somewhere else, but most of our members haven't been in that place, or even don't know of its existence. That's one of the reasons we almost never speak of it; and of course - as Marius says -
but because we've mostly decided we've more productive things to do

Vale!

Locatus
Quintus Claudius Locatus Barbatus
Rector
Princeps Gentis Claudiae
Consul
Senator
Patricius
Q. C. Locatus Barbatus
Senator
Senator