The TEMPLVM ISIDIS is Open!

The main forum of the Societas Via Romana. Anything not covered by one of the Collegia is probably being discussed here!

Moderator: Aldus Marius

The TEMPLVM ISIDIS is Open!

Postby Marcus Lupinius Paulus on Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:21 am

Check out the new Temple of Isis at http://www.geocities.com/templvmisidis/index.html

This one is vastly improved over the original Templvm Isidis which went online in 2002 and was taken down in 04.

And you can even contribute your own Isian and Roman graphic art and poems/hymns.

SVR, Mons Aventinus, and Roman Space all have links too.
Marcus Lupinius Paulus
Curialis
Curialis

QUAM BENE FECISTI, MARCE

Postby Valerius Claudius Iohanes on Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:09 pm

Salve, Marce -

I was just there; beautiful - beautiful - beautiful! Lovely site. :D :lol: :D

And lots of nice links (inlcuding one that I never expected to see; gratias tibi).

Optime vale.
Valerius Claudius Iohannes
Curator anno MMDCCLXII
Centurio Honorarius Societatis
Civis ab MMDCCLIV

:: Adversitas bono viro intelligentiam docet. ::
Valerius Claudius Iohanes
Curator
Curator

Location: Sancti Leandri Oppidum, California Franciscencis, Conpactae Civitates Americae

Postby Aldus Marius on Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:41 pm

Salve, mi Lupini!

The opening graphic, the black background and gently-burning braziers, left me breathless for a long moment, and brought tears to my eyes. The poetry, the prayers, the ethereal music...ahhh. Truly I felt I was in the presence of the Divine.

Hit #51,
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Marcus Lupinius Paulus on Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:12 am

Thanks friends for the support and appreciation! It was worth the late nights. And thanks also for pointing out the misspellings and other little errors. I consider it very much an SVR site, maybr not "officially" but I hope the spirit is there.

Paulus
Marcus Lupinius Paulus
Curialis
Curialis

Templum abs te factum

Postby Valerius Claudius Iohanes on Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:39 pm

Salvete -

Marius wrote:

The opening graphic, the black background and gently-burning braziers, left me breathless for a long moment....
I didn't weep, but I felt the same way; the main page is captivating, Paule.

Valete.
Curator anno MMDCCLXII
Civis ab MMDCCLIV

Curator
Curator

Location: Sancti Leandri Oppidum, California Franciscencis, Conpactae Civitates Americae

Postby Gaius Iulius Tabernarius on Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:08 am

Truly spectacular, indeed it was as moving as a website can be. Very well executed, I can't imagine the gods themselves would be displeased... Except perhaps Seth.
"O Tempora! O Mores!!" Cicero
Gaius Iulius Tabernarius
II. Legionary
II. Legionary

Re: The TEMPLVM ISIDIS is Open!

Postby UrsusofUNRV on Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:09 pm

Gorgeous site!

Are you an active Isis worshiper then? I sent an e-mail to your temple's website which I thought might interest you.
UrsusofUNRV
I. Auxiliary
I. Auxiliary

Postby Marcus Lupinius Paulus on Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:55 am

Thank you very much for the compliment and I am glad you liked the site!

Now as to your question as to whether I am an active Isis Worshipper, I think I might dissapoint a few people here, but in the real world, in the world of going to work, paying bills, and such, no, I am not. I am a recent new member of a Lutheran Church nearby. But my Roman semi-alterego Marcus Lupinius Paulus is Isian. I say semi-alterego because MLP is more than just a role play character, but not entirely real world either. But even in the real world, I do like Isis and her art.

I'll check that email address tonight.

Paulus
Marcus Lupinius Paulus
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Formosus Viriustus on Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:01 pm

Salve Paule !

Another magnificent site I get to know by way of SVR. Many congratulations on that. I have left a message and a prayer there. I hope they do reach you. It is exhilarating and humbling at the same time to see how much time and effort you and others spent to promote and spread such worthwhile knowledge and beauty. So I'm not too disappointed really that you, unlike some others apparently, };-) , still have half a foot in the real world. I can see much better where your references to Alexandria come from, now. And why you would like to spent as much time as possible then and there. It is a so much more rewarding and enjoyable time and place than these Dark Ages of superficiality, prejudices and futile pursuits ....

( background) : 'Are you ranting on again about the decadence of the times ? Waisting your time with so-called philosophical debates with your mates ? Do something useful, man ! Go to the butchers and get me a pound of fresh pigs' kidneys for tonight's supper. And bring some honey too. I'm running short and I'll need some to make the sauce ...'
'Talking about things he doesn't know the first thing about. Philosophy and religion ! Ha ! As if !'

Greetings friends, I have to go
Formosus Viriustus

Postby Valerius Claudius Iohanes on Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:36 pm

Salvete, Omnes, in Eostrem quique est Diem Maximum Christianae Doctrinae -

Happy Eostre to Everyone! Spring, indeed, is making her comeback.

Formose! Good to hear from you; for a while last week I was afraid you had followed Sempronia Pulla off into the ether.

Isn't Paulus's temple a delight?

Paule, Happy Easter.

Omnibus Civibus, quacumque sententia vos Verem observetis, vobis Optima opto.

Formosus Viriustus wrote:'Talking about things he doesn't know the first thing about. Philosophy and religion ! Ha ! As if !'

I'm in your boat, Formose: I'm not an accomplished scholar, either, but a distracted and attracted reader. I am a scholar if by that one means 'student'. But that's why we're here, to blather and then speak good sense, side by side, and offer what we have.

My welcome-back for Serapis today is to gather my kids and have a breakfast en famille, since we've missed mass already.

Dii vos omnes incolumes custodiant!
Curator anno MMDCCLXII
Civis ab MMDCCLIV

Curator
Curator

Postby Marcus Lupinius Paulus on Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:07 am

Salvete!

I added three links to the links page of Templvm Isidis. Neos Alexandria and UNRV now have links, and of course, how could I forget our own Lethal One, Medusa Gladiatrix? Her Ludus Nemesis is also linked.

It seems the Roman Federation is expanding a bit. We have a military base {Marius' Roman Outpost}, an Isis Temple, a Forum, ambassadors from New Alexandria, and a Rome {Mons Aventinus and Roman Space}.

Formosus, thanks for our comments on the site! I am sort of in the same boat as you all---I am no scholar, but on religious or philosophical matters, I have read a bit, and over the years have pondered matters about as deeply as I am likely to be able to, and have arrived at certain views of things. I think we all are philosophers whether we know it or like it or not.

Paulus
Marcus Lupinius Paulus
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Formosus Viriustus on Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:34 am

Salve Paule !

Marcus Lupinius Paulus wrote:

I added three links to the links page of Templvm Isidis. Neos Alexandria and UNRV now have links, and of course, how could I forget our own Lethal One, Medusa Gladiatrix? Her Ludus Nemesis is also linked.

It seems the Roman Federation is expanding a bit. We have a military base {Marius' Roman Outpost}, an Isis Temple, a Forum, ambassadors from New Alexandria, and a Rome {Mons Aventinus and Roman Space}.

Great ! That is what we are aiming for, I hope. ( And happy to find myself in the same boat as you.)

In vera amicitia,
Formosus Viriustus

Return to General