Back, at least for the meantime.

The main forum of the Societas Via Romana. Anything not covered by one of the Collegia is probably being discussed here!

Moderator: Aldus Marius

Back, at least for the meantime.

Postby Aulus Flavius on Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:48 am

Salve amici,

It's been some time but I've returned from the unique experience of basic training in the Australian Army. You may now address me as Signalman (Private) :)

I got out just in time to come home and see my family for the holidays. I have about a month's leave before my employment training starts, which will take over a year for my particular job. I'm going down to Melbourne for roughly half of it, and then up to Brisbane for the other half.

It feels good to be back, to sleep in, to eat what I want, and take as long as I like in the shower :) It also feel good to be a soldier and a Roman.

Just thought I would fire off a message to those of you who remember me. if anyone wants to email me, send it to scott_m67athotmail.com

Vale,

A. Flavius
Aulus Flavius
II. Legionary
II. Legionary

Evoe!

Postby Aldus Marius on Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:11 am

*There* he is!!! >({|:-D

So you made it through boot camp! Mayhaps I should send you my commemorative T-shirt (which I doubt would now fit either of us): On the obverse, to borrow a numismatic term, there is a cartoon soldier, a little worn-down-to-a-nub-of-a-fellow, looking relieved; inscription: "I Survived Basic Training." On the reverse, I had the thing custom-lettered to say "...Now It's Your Turn!!" You can say that to all your juniors now. Te gratulor, amicissime!

Hmm, what's new over here... We just had elections; our Curatores for the next couple of years shall be Q Servilius Priscus, currently Curator suffectus; M Octavius Gracchus, our Gracious Host; and Valerius Claudius Iohannes, intrepid Latin-speaker and always an engaging contributor to our discussions. These gentlemen take office on the Nones of Ianuarius. (We're trying to talk them into delivering inaugural addresses...) >({|;-)

We're also brainstorming a new roleplaying effort. Believe it or not, you'll have time for that once you get into the routine of your technical training. Out-of-character discussion is, appropriately enough, in Collegium Artium-->New RP Discussion Thread. The game itself will be in CollArt-->RP Thread; I've made it a "sticky" topic so's it'll always be on top, easy for newcomers to find. Do let us know what you'd like to see there. Te spero!

In amicitia et fide,
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Return to General